Re: [Openexr-devel] Embed ICC profile

From: Brendan Bolles
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Embed ICC profile
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 12:22:53 -0700

On Nov 2, 2012, at 1:36 AM, Gerhard Huber wrote:

> is it possible or is there a standard way to embed ICC profiles with OpenEXR?
> I could't find a way in the documentation, perhaps I missed it?

There is no official way, but I've been saving ICC profiles from the Adobe apps
for quite some time now.  You can get the source code for the After Effects
plug-in here:

http://www.fnordware.com/OpenEXR/

Look for OpenEXR_iccProfileAttribute.cpp.  It's pretty straight forward: I just
copy the profile into the EXR uncompressed.

I also extract chromaticities from the ICC profile to store in the standard
attributes.  On read, I create an ICC profile from chromaticities to pass off
to the Adobe apps.  That stuff is in FrameSeq_Color.cpp.

Brendan