[Openexr-devel] 2nd annual Open Source VFX Beer of a Feather

From: Piotr Stanczyk
Subject: [Openexr-devel] 2nd annual Open Source VFX Beer of a Feather
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 16:52:03 +0000

For those of you attending SIGGRAPH 2012 in Los Angeles in August, we are throwing a get-together for developers and users of VFX-specific open source projects.  This was a big hit last year, and a great way to put faces to the names you see on the developer mail lists in a relaxing venue.

When:   Wed. August 8, 2012, starting at 6:00pm

        (apologies for conflicts; it is not possible to have ANY event during
        SIGGRAPH that doesn't conflict with 6 other interesting things)

Where:  Cork Bar, 403 W. 12th St, Los Angeles (about 3 blocks from the LACC)
        http://www.corkbar.com

How it works:

        Our kind sponsors will charge up a tab, and we'll be able to get drinks
        until the funding pool runs out (after which you're welcome to stay and buy
        your own drinks).  We'll also have some appetizers ordered up front.

        With proper lubrication in hand, relax and enjoy the company of your fellow
        open source developers.

Your sponsors::
        Sony Pictures Imageworks (they also found and booked the venue, yay!)
        Weta Digital
        Peregrine Labs
        Lucasfilm
        Pixar Animation Studios