Re: [Openexr-devel] Half samples & DPX

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Half samples & DPX
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:40:01 -0700

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
Am 06.03.07, 11:53 -0800 schrieb Florian Kainz:

B) The samples might represent light in the depicted scene.  In this
case you need a rendering transform that converts to light on the
screen.  The problem is no more or less difficult than with OpenEXR
or any other scene-referred floating-point format.  (In my opinion,
the Academy's Image Interchange Framework committee is pretty close
to resolving the issue.)

Could you provide a link where to look at those work?

Unfortunately, I can't.  So far the committee hasn't published
an overall framework specification or a draft of one.

Florian