Re: [Openexr-devel] Embedding ICC profiles in OpenEXR

From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Embedding ICC profiles in OpenEXR
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:38:48 +0100 (CET)

Am 22.11.05, 02:35 -0500 schrieb Geraldine Joffre:

> > The same is possible with TIFF and I think as well with PNG.
> Yes but both offer the option of embedding an ICC profile as well. I'm not
> asking for removing the
> current chormaticities attribute but for adding the ability to embed ICC
> profiles as well. This way,
> the OpenEXR format can be handled similarly as other image formats that color
> managed
> applications are supporting.

What CMMs are known, that handle HDR content properly, including
support of:
o floating point precission,
o a value range greater than one and possibly lower than zero.
?

Without such a CMM, ICC profiles could only be used for displaying or
could easily degrade the content by integer math manipulations.

Wich CMM is used in Photomatix?