Re: [Openexr-devel] Shake, OpenEXR and arcane linux linking

From: Ciaran Wills
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Shake, OpenEXR and arcane linux linking
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:03:41 +0100

Thanks for the replies, everyone.  Alas I'd already tried -Bsymbolic
(though I don't really understand what it's supposed to do), and also
linking to the .a versions of the EXR and libz libraries, but to no
avail - it still crashes in inflate_fast in libnrzl_lx.so.

I also tried linking only to libnrzl_lx.so instead of libz, but it's
only a partial implementation and is missing the uncompress symbol.

Derek: It's shake 3.5, and gcc3.3 - a combination that hasn't caused me
any other problems.

I've wasted enough time with this already, so I'm just going to leave it
for now - we're not using zip compressed files internally anyway, but it
is annoying I can't open some of the example images in shake...

Ciaran.