Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR usage....

From: Nafees Bin Zafar
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR usage....
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:49:19 -0700

The real strength of openexr is it's openness. In the past few years, as hdri usage has really taken off most vfx facilities have developed in house hacks and formats. Everything from carrying the exponent in extra channels in the SGI RGB format, to floating point TIFFs, to entirely new file formats.

ILM has taken the step to publish theirs, and it's pretty good. So if we all develop the capability to read and write exr files in our production pipelines, then we become interoperable with each other.

-n

Bruno Ripa wrote:

What is the advantage of using OpenEXR file format ?

Yes, i now that it extends the internal represetation of data to 16 bits,
and so ?

I use hdri with mental ray in a right way, but what with openexr ?

Can you tell me any doc regarding real openexr usage ? Any tool...

Thank you...