[Openexr-devel] OpenEXR geometry...

From: Bruno Ripa
Subject: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR geometry...
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:06:22 +0200

Hi, another little question about OpenEXR..... :)

it seems to me that a HDR image can be mapped without any problem on a
sphere, while i read in OpenEXR docs that pixel coords are relative to a
rectangular geometry (a plane :) ).

Let's talk for difference with HDR.

So, let's suppose i've got a probe image in hdr format, i can use it on a
sphere and so on....

And with a openexr image which's the way ?
Can i map it on a sphere ? I suppose to get a little perturbation of my
datas because (as sad before) i will use points of a plane and project them
on a sphere.....

So what kink of result will i have and how good will be the representation
of the image (and the data it represents) ?

Thanks in advance,

Bruno