Re: windows installer - vbs vs bat startup script

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: windows installer - vbs vs bat startup script
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 20:47:32 +0100

On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 at 20:32, JohnD <john.david.donoghue@gmail.com> wrote:

 I Wrote:

The ideal would be for

   call octave-launcher --no-gui

to run octave-cli in existing window. I believe then that both .bat and .vbs could then be deprecated or immediately deleted.

Cheers... Ian

Its not that simple – octave sets env paths for the octave when running pkg install, which is set in windows from the .bat file so cant just be removed

OK I didn't know Octave.bat had another purpose. I use it successfully to launch the cli.

‘start’ creates a new wndow befefault unless is told not to, so that is expected behavior for the start calls.

So the only one that could be changed to work differently would be octave-launcher --no-gui, if all ready running in a terminal

That would be great from my perspective!

Cheers... Ian