Re: GSoc: package management project

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: GSoc: package management project
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 11:01:56 -0400

I have helped with solutions on octave bugs earlier and also submitted a diff patch recently on (#57771).

I don't see any attachments on bug #57771 [1], is that the correct number?

I assume you've read through the wiki packaging project issues list [2].  Is there something in particular you'd like to try?

I know that a few people have been looking at the package structure recently [3], but not sure anyone has headed down the path of re-doing the whole package handling scheme as has been suggested [4]. The latter would be a fairly big task, not sure if it's GSOC manageable, but you'd want to make sure someone isn't doing that if you've picked a pkg subproject that could become incompatible.

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?57771
[2] https://wiki.octave.org/Projects#Packaging
[3] https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/pkg-m-status-and-question-tp4695155.html
[4] https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/pkg-m-Load-order-of-dependencies-tp4694833p4694853.html