GSoc: package management project

From: Vishnu Parammal
Subject: GSoc: package management project
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:59:42 +0530

Hi,
I wish to work on the octave package management this summer as a part of my GSOC project. Can someone please suggest where should I begin?
I have helped with solutions on octave bugs earlier and also submitted a diff patch recently on (#57771). I am familiar with the build system and basic contribution guidelines. I have faced few issues with the pkg command (for ocs and pythonic packages) first hand. So I wish to contribute. Can you please guide me with some beginner task specific to package management.