Help in JSON encode/decode project

From: Abdallah Elshamy
Subject: Help in JSON encode/decode project
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 21:52:03 +0200

Hello Mr. Kai Ohlhus,

My name is Abdallah Elshamy and I am looking forward to contribute in octave during GSoC.

I started by building octave and I submitted a batch [1] to show my enthusiasm and I started filling my public application [2] (it doesn't have the topic "your task").

I am interested in JSON encoding/decoding project. I need some help to verify my understanding of the project.

I will illustrate my understanding using the jsondecode function as an example.

From what I understood from the references provided in the wiki page [3] the data flow diagram is this:

Data flow diagram.png

what we need to do is to cherry-pick (from the previous attempts) or write the components in this diagram and integrate them to achieve the required functionality with good performance (to be written in c++ not in m-file)

The expected output of the project is the c++ files that contains the two functions and .mex file (to be able to call it from octave) and the tests and documentation of those function so we can add it to core octave.

Did I get it right? If yes, It will be nice to guide me on what to do next. If not please, correct me.