Re: [pkg.m] Load order of dependencies

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: [pkg.m] Load order of dependencies
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 14:39:04 -0600 (CST)

JuanPi wrote
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any reason to make pkg.m load first the package and then the
> dependencies?

I had more or less similar questions about pkg.m, motivated by matgeom /
geometry as well, but some years ago also by rad2deg & deg2rad that happened
to live in two different OF packages and later on in core Octave as well.

The logic is in scripts/pkg/private/load_packages_and_dependencies.m
As far as I could follow that code there is no need for a specific order of
directories are added to the path is just a corollary of the way the code
happened to be written.
But I can be wrong ....

Lately I did some work on pkg.m so I got some feeling for how it sticks
together. I'll look into this but only later this week or next weekend.

Philip

--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html