Re: building on macOS?

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: building on macOS?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 17:17:20 +0000

> On 13 Nov 2018, at 16:34, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> The readline trouble went away after I pull, update, make.
>
> Running gui, then plotting, and existing produces the seg-fault.
>
> I must have made a mistake earlier.
>
> Ben

I just built b2a96efc88eb+ if I run Octave from the command line without the
--gui option,
the following causes a crash :

$ ./run-octave
>> plot (randn(3))
>> exit
fatal: caught signal Segmentation fault: 11 -- stopping myself...
Segmentation fault: 11

while this doesn't :

$ ./run-octave
>> plot (randn(3))
>> close
>> exit

and indeed, with the attached patch applied the build works without errors for
me.
notice that the "pause (.1)" seems to be required to completely avoid the crash.

c.