Re: package maintainers please choose a package group

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: package maintainers please choose a package group
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 13:09:50 +0100

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 09:29:47AM +0000, Carlo De Falco wrote:
> If the package has a repository on bitbucket or github one could use
> a pull request, which sounds better to me. Does sourceforge have
> this feature?

If there is a trivial fix to 30 packages, it would be too much hassle
for me to click around at sourceforge for each package and keep track
of the responses. And what is the effective difference? As in a pull
request, you don't need to use the pushed changeset. You can leave it
as a dangling branch.

For the usual case, i.e. the changes are discussed before pushing,
we'd e-mail the changeset to the maintainer, or post it to the patch
tracker for discussion.

What I actually meant with my question was if you have an alternative
suggestion for the wording in the groups description.

Olaf