Re: [mxe-octave] differences in components between official build and se

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [mxe-octave] differences in components between official build and self build
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 08:58:29 -0400

On 07/27/2016 02:45 AM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
The package of ocgtave-4.0.3 for windows on official site
includes

1. pre-built octave-forge packages.
2. Qt tools , moc.exe. uic.exe etcs.

At least above two does not included in self build packages by mxe on linux.

Consulting wiki for mxe cross build of octave for windows on unix,
(http://wiki.octave.org/Windows_Installer)
I cannot find any description on this matter.

1. is not matter because we can build octave-forge package by build_packages.m

However, 2. is a problem when I want to build octave on native windows using
the octave package.

Perhaps I have to modify src/qt.mk on mxe-octave.

If possible, please give me a hint.

They are both options for the mxe-octave configure script:

./configure --help

  [...]

  --enable-binary-packages
                          Enable creating binary Octave Forge packages
  --enable-devel-tools    Enable creating developer tools such as gdb