Re: Octave-Forge: How to integrate package documentation?

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge: How to integrate package documentation?
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 22:09:55 +0100

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 11:50:57PM +0100, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
>  - The doc command in Octave core apparently does not support packages.
> What would be needed to achieve this?
> 3. Optional: The unified Texinfo source for the package could be used to
> ship an info file as part of the package release, which could be browsed
> in Octave's doc browser.

For the case you'd like to care also for the details of shipping the
info file and of invoking a browser for it, I should probably mention
that this was discussed to some extent in the thread starting with
this post:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2014-06/msg00235.html

coming to the result that a call like 'pkg doc' could invoke the
browser. A patch for pkg for handling the info files, keeping track of
them, and invoking a browser, had been submitted. The patch didn't
work for invoking the browser in GUI mode.

Olaf