Re: Overhaul FLTK toolkit resize/redraw functions

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Overhaul FLTK toolkit resize/redraw functions
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:11:38 +0200

On 25.07.2014 10:33, sergey plotnikov wrote:
> 25.07.2014 10:06, Andreas Weber пишет:
>> On 24.07.2014 20:56, sergey plotnikov wrote:
>>
>>> I've tested this, since I'm able to replicate the bug. And actually Ben
>>> was right, lines are kind of hidden, but in my case, if I don't set axes
>>> color to 'none' they are hidden just partially (see junk2.pdf in
>>> attachment).
>> Because you also have this problem (on Win with MXE build) without my
>> patch (if I got this right on savannah) on default and all works for you
>> if you revert gl2ps-renderer.cc to the last stable version, I doubt that
>> this has the same origin as Bens' problem
>
> Agree, I've just written the same thing  ))

Hehe, we have apparently similar work times :-D
Cset abd8d8c686c9 also removed GL2PS_SIMPLE_LINE_OFFSET

> I've tried GL2PS_NO_SORT also, but it leads to results we wanted to
> avoid by introducing simple sorting (with cset 652d9ed6f88d) -- grid
> lines are being printed below patches even with 'layer'=='top', see bug
> #35648.

Because we all have different results and behaviour on GNU/Linux, MacOS
and Windoze with MXE build I suggest we create a test script with
problematic parts. This should help to find fixes which works on all
supported platforms and find regressions. There is also a demo plotting
script in scripts/testfun/private which I run regularly but these demos
are designed to show octave capabilities rather than finding regressions.

I started with Bens' crossed line example and add it to
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Debug_plotting_issues

-- Andy