Re: How to add new files to gui?

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: How to add new files to gui?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:02:23 +0100

On 24/07/14 16:00, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 07/24/2014 07:18 AM, Richard Crozier wrote:
Dear list,

How do I go about adding new source files to the GUI?

<snip>

It's probably obvious, but could someone point out what I'm missing here
please?

Sorry, I'm not sure what the problem is, but I have a small request
about your change.  Could you please follow the convention we have for
file names and use hyphen instead of underscore in the names?  I don't
mean to nitpick, but I'd prefer to keep the naming scheme for Octave
source files somewhat consistent.

yes, I am happy to change this, and there are plenty of other style rules etc. to be fixed I'm sure before getting to the patch stage, at this point I was just hacking around.

Also, if you'd post a complete current version of your proposed changes,
I'd be willing to look at it to see why the build is not working.

Thanks,

jwe

Thanks I might try and get a patch together next week, at the moment the change discussed here is now mixed in with another, which seems to be causing my build to fail with a different error, and I'm experimenting with mercurial queues to untangle them.

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.