Re: patch for generate_html for NEWS and package docs

From: c.
Subject: Re: patch for generate_html for NEWS and package docs
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 20:29:59 +0200

On 24 Jul 2014, at 19:40, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:

> - (only) if options.package_doc is set manually to a filename, a link
>  `Package Documentation' appears below the new `NEWS' link, linking
>  to the file named by options.package_doc (in the root directory);

what format do you expect this documentation to be written in?
should it be a single file?
will it have a prescribed style for all packages?

>  the file and its linked tree must be copied manually there.
why not copy it autmatically in the generated package-html folder?

> Should I commit it? Or commit preliminary for testing?
yes please commit for testing this seems like a nice feature,
if it needs improvement your commit will be a starting point.

c.