Re: New package

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: New package
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 16:54:43 +0200

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 11:46:54AM +0200, c. wrote:

> On 16 Jul 2014, at 10:29, Guillermo Moliní <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Yeah it would make more sense, but I needed all of them to be on the same
> > compilation unit. In any case, is there a way to automatise the pkg load?
> > Or is it just standard procedure to first install the package and then load
> > it?
>
> Yes, there is a way to have a package be loaded automatically by default but
> it is obsoleted and its use is discouraged.
> The recomended procedure is to let the user decide for him-/herself by adding
> the load command in ~/.octaverc

It's not the same as loading automatically by default, but

  pkg install -auto ...

at least spares the effort of making an entry in ~/.octaverc.

To do this is also free to the decision of the user. I've heard that
even that is deprecated, but the reason is obscure to me. I'd much
prefer to have this easy way available.

Olaf