Re: Segfault with Java and "make check"

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Segfault with Java and "make check"
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 12:05:33 -0600

On 02/01/2013 10:40 AM, Rik wrote:

If this works we may want to investigate limiting how much memory the JVM
takes for itself, particularly in 32-bit environments.

That might be helpful, but it seems to me that if it is a stack depth problem, the recursive code in quadcc needs to be changed so that it doesn't require extremely deep recursion. Otherwise, isn't it likely that some other large program that calls quadcc or that attempts to solve a more difficult integration will fail in the same way?