Re: Matlab-style code in test/classes

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Matlab-style code in test/classes
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:22:32 -0500

On 30 January 2013 09:59, Robert T. Short <address@hidden> wrote:
> It seems like a shame to go put in a bunch of "endif" statements
> just for the sake of making the tests MATLAB incompatible. I am not
> aware of any octave-only extensions to legacy classes, so why not
> make them MATLAB friendly.

The endifs are just visually nicer, but I think there is a more valid
complaint with removing the three-arg calls to assert just because
Matlab doesn't support them. The three-arg calls to assert produce
better diagnostic output when the assert fails. I should note that
Julien rewrote some of your asserts which were originally three-arg to
become single-arg asserts. This really is what I wonder if it should
stay that way or not.

- Jordi G. H.