Re: Candidate stem-and-leaf plot function

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: Candidate stem-and-leaf plot function
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 01:23:38 -0500

On 01/26/2013 01:12 AM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
I had to change "signbit" to "sign" and use 1/-1 in place of 0/1, respectively. Is "signbit" your own routine? Or am I missing something? That change would be necessary if placed in the base scripts.
Just quickly, signbit is in the current development system 3.7.1+. I assume that this
would be released before 3.8.

Also, the sort order for negative stems is, I think, the way it should be,
i.e. the same order as the data.

By the way, I just checked the R function. It looks reasonable, but they chose to call it just stem(). The is a lot shorter than stem_and_leaf_plot, so I think changing
the name would make sense.  I cannot remember why I chose such a long name.

And, I will think about how to show the plot in a plot window. The original idea was to just use the symbols available on typewriters. Not so relevant today.

Thanks,
Michael