Re: Java compilation warnings

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Java compilation warnings
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 20:02:25 +0100

Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
On 7 December 2012 11:20, Philip Nienhuis<address@hidden>  wrote:
On Linux, you need a Java JDK and a proper JAVA_HOME setting.

I don't have a JAVA_HOME variable yet everything still builds fine on
Debian. I thought JAVA_HOME was only necessary for non-standard Java
installations? It seems strange for me to hear that you need that
variable set. Are you sure this is accurate?

If I don't set JAVA_HOME before configure, the compilation itself (make) breaks somewhere compaining about jni.h. The configure output clearly shows the wrong include file location (it simply assumes having detected a proper JAVA_HOME setting and then apparently blindly appends /include/... or so without checking if that resolves to a valid location). This is on Mageia 2, which -looking at Rik's post in the thread "Java jni.h"- seems to have a fairly standard Java installation for a linux distro.

Philip