Re: New importdata function testing

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: New importdata function testing
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:43:20 -0400

On 22 October 2012 12:34, Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, if mixed data processing is needed (as it seems, looking at
> importdata.m) I'd again suggest to look at moving csv2cell, cell2csv,
> csvexplode and csvconcat from the io package to core. They are C++, can
> process mixed data well and are fairly reasonably commented.
[snip]
> So, all the basic building blocks are present.

Neat. I may work on this myself. The reason I was so quick to accept
importdata into core to begin with is that I have some code at work
that's using it, and I would also like to address this embarrassment
in Octave:

http://abandonmatlab.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/matlab-cant-read-plain-text-data-out-of-a-wet-paper-bag/

Thanks for the suggestions. I may start looking at the IO package soon.

- Jordi G. H.