Re: dirac(x) and heaviside(x)

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: dirac(x) and heaviside(x)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 07:26:38 -0600

On 7 December 2010 04:54, GFotios <address@hidden> wrote:
> I do not know if dirac and heaviside functions exist in any pkg,

They're in the specfun package.

I wish we could make Octave aware of when a particular function exists
in some 'Forge package, but this would require the tighter integration
between core and 'Forge I've always wanted. A very frequent question
in #octave is that people can't find this or that function. So far,
I've been directing them to

     http://octave.sf.net/functions_by_alpha.php

but it would be nice if Octave itself at least knew about which
functions are in 'Forge packages (and provided appropriate warnings
about the quality or externality of 'Forge functions, if desired).

If I write functionality to do this, could the patch be accepted?

- Jordi G. H.