Re: Comparing plots to Matlab

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Comparing plots to Matlab
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:10:27 +0200

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 11:19 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm not sure what the proper fix is.  Should we create hidden windows,
or should it somehow be possible to generate the PS file without a
figure window?  I don't know enough about FLTK+OpenGL to answer that
so I could use some help here.

In the current opengl-renderer implementation it is impossible to create "hardcopy" without an on-screen window. We had some discussions on the subject of off-screen rendering (i.e. rendering directly to a file), but it wasn't exactly clear how to do it, and how portable it would be.

Shai

p.s. I'm sorry I won;t be able to contribute much more than short emails in the coming weeks -- I've a lot of work to do in "real life"...