Re: Timeline for 3.4 release?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Timeline for 3.4 release?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 06:24:38 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Sorry recently, I have not been tested to build octave on the development
source on the MinGW.from my
private reason.

On the MinGW, the development source caused seg-faults and it could not be used
practically (at
April).

Benjamin is far powerful ability to resolve the problem, but even he have
reported that

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/building-development-tip-with-mingw32-tc2013435.html#a2013454

*****************
However I am getting (just like Tatsuro) quite random segfaults when
doing "make check".
**************************

It was reported on April-17. The situation might be improved by him but I do
not know how it is
improved.

It is better to hear to the opinion of Benjamin.

Regards

Tatsuro

--- Thomas Weber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any timeline for the 3.4 release? I somehow feel like it's in
> the close future (see below), but have now real idea why:
>
> 1) The first octave-forge packages are built for 3.3.51 and will not
> work with 3.2. By that I mean they have a (>= 3.3.51) in their
> DESCRIPTION file.
> 2) Users are quite often told that their problem is not found in the
> development sources -- which reads like they should upgrade to the
> development archive.
>
> Thanks
>       Thomas

2010 FIFA World Cup News [Yahoo!Sports/sportsnavi]
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/southafrica2010/