Re: Text properties and FTGL

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Text properties and FTGL
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:40:33 -0400

On 29-Oct-2008, John Swensen wrote:

| I think that small subset should also have \dot, \ddot, \hat, \tilde,
| and maybe a couple others, since these get used quite frequently.

And someone else will of course want \int and \sum and \begin{array}
and ...  So I think it would be best to simply make it possible to use
all of TeX, interpreted by TeX itself rather than some kluge.

| Would you be averse to having the two options available at compile
| time?  That way, for those with systems where LaTeX and libpoppler are
| available (whether gtk or QT), we could compile in the support for the
| full interpreter?

That adds maintenance overhead.  I'd say just require TeX for TeX
markup, and if that is not available, then skip the transformation of
the TeX parts.