Re: @ref into @seealso

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: @ref into @seealso
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 17:25:42 -0400

On 21-Oct-2008, Thorsten Meyer wrote:

| Actually, I think it should not all be done in one program:
| As far as I understand, the techinfo command @ref does not only need the
| name of the anchor it points to but also the name of the file, where it
| can be found. That means, that whatever program expands the @seealso
| commands has to know in which txi-file the individual function
| descriptions are to be found.

I'm not sure that's correct.  All the .txi files are simply included
in the overall octave.texi file which is used to generate a single
octave.info (or .pdf or ...) file.  So I think all references would be
of the form

  @ref{ANCHOR,,FCN,octave}

For example,

  @seealso{svd}

would be transformed to

  @seealso{doc-svd,,svd,octave}

It should be fairly easy to do this in the munge-texi.cc program,
even if you don't know much C++.

But it would also be OK to rewrite it as an Octave script as I don't
think there is a real need for it to be done in C++ (unless the script
version takes an unreasonably long time to run).