Fwd: Re: function not read

From: Levente Torok
Subject: Fwd: Re: function not read
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:35:20 +0200

Subject: Re: function not read
Date: Tuesday 21 October 2008
From: Levente Torok <address@hidden>
To: "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>

On Monday 20 October 2008, you wrote:
> On 20-Oct-2008, Levente Torok wrote:
>
> | Hi All,
> |
> | For some reasons, octave does not re-read the function that it has already
> read and used.
> | No matter if I modify it.
> | Is there any reason of it?
> | It is hard to reproduce it.
> | The only way is exit and enter to octave.
> | Does someelse have met this problem too?
>
> It works for me, at least in the simple case that I tried.
>
> If you want to report a problem, please give sufficient information
> for someone to reproduce the problem, like the version of Octave that
> you are using, precisely what to do to reproduce the problem.  Don't
> assume that just because you are having a problem that we are having
> the same problem.  I also recommend that you read the bug reporting
> guidelines at  http://www.octave.org/bugs.html.
>
> jwe

Dear John,

I have the example.
Make file:

function y=ff(x)
        y= x^2;
endfunction
then call
fmins( @ff, .1 )
It will be fine.

But if you
function y=ff(x)
        y= x^2;
        asdfasdf
endfunction
the calling of
fmins( @ff, .1 )
will return the same w/o any bug. You may alter the content of the function to
realize
a correct result but with different minima. The fmins will return the same
result which makes
me to believe that octave cached the function.

Currently I am using octave-3.0.1 stable with Ubuntu.

Levente

--
Blogger of http://fapuma.blogspot.com

Blogger of http://fapuma.blogspot.com