Re: Redirectable octave?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Redirectable octave?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:24:20 -0400

On 17-Oct-2007, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| On 10/16/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
| > | int octave_main(int argc, char **argv, int embedded, FILE* in, FILE
| > | *out, FILE *err)
| >
| > Since Octave uses std::cin, std::cout, and std::cerr instead of stdin,
| > stdout, and stderr,
|
| Actually, the parsing code uses stdin (see get_input_from_stdin).

OK, yes, because we are using tools like lex and readline that expect
to be using the C FILE objects.

| Indeed, I would rather avoid dealing with C++ types as it makes dynamic

I think it is just more difficult because you have to deal with name
mangling, but it should not be impossible.

In any case, I don't have plans to do something like this myself, but
I would perhaps consider patches after 3.0.