Re: MSVC 2.9.13 and path completion with spaces

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: MSVC 2.9.13 and path completion with spaces
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:31:51 -0400

On  3-Oct-2007, David Bateman wrote:

| So it appears that bash does the quoting and not readline.. I suppose we
| could just copy their quoting code..

I think it would require some modification because the languages are
different.

| Well since most Windows users have their home directory under "Documents
| and Settings" this is a bit of a pain for windows users, which is why I
| was looking at it before a 3.0 release. I'll look at bash and see if
| there are any ideas we can steal..

OK.

Currently, bash inserts "\ " when quoting spaces, and we can't use
that.  I don't have a problem with fixing things so that the user has
to start a filename with ' or " in order for it to be quoted, with
Octave/readline inserting the final quote.  Bash will also do this,
and it also seems to be what Matlab does, at least on Unixy systems.
Maybe it would also be possible to get Octave/readline to insert the
leading quote if there is only one completion and the filename has
spaces.