Re: MSVC 2.9.13 and path completion with spaces

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: MSVC 2.9.13 and path completion with spaces
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:18:16 +0200

Thinking more about this I see no logical way of getting this to work
correctly with readline or rather with only the help of readline. How
would readline know to append a quote to the end of the string? Does it
do it for all filenames? What about if you want to go into a
subdirectory that is 2 or more levels below the current level?

I think a better solution might be to add a field
symbol_record:TYPE:COMMAND_EXPECTS_ONE_ARG enum and set it for Fcd and
Fls and perhaps others. Add the

bool
symbol_record::command_expects_one_arg ()
{
   return (symbol_type & symbol_record::COMMAND_EXPECTS_ONE_ARG);
}

method. Then in parse.y when constructing a word_list for a command
check if the command expects a single argument, and if so don't split
the elements of tree_argument_list which are of type octave_value_list
into multiple octave_value but rather keep a single string respecting
the white space... However, I have difficulty following the parser code.
John does the above make sense? What would need to be done to implement it?

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary