Re: Stem update, rough guess.

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Stem update, rough guess.
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 15:11:48 -0400

On  6-Apr-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| > The patch you sent seems to include changes that have already been
| > checked in.  Can you please sort that out and submit a new patch that
| > is relative to the current CVS sources?
|
| I changed things slightly and put the "markerfacecolor" in the list of the
plot
| characteristics.  It issues a warning message, which should be a good
reminder
| actually.

Instead of

| +  ## FIXME:  The markerfacecolor isn't implemented yet, so here is a
temporary
| +  ## fix.  Remove when the markerfacecolor option is properly handled.
| +  if (dofill)
| +    if (ms == "o")
| +      ms = ".";
| +    elseif (ms == ">")
| +      ms = "^";
| +    elseif (ms == "<")
| +      ms = "v";
| +    elseif (ms == "p")
| +      ms = "s";
| +    endif
| +  endif
| +

and

| +  ## FIXME:  A property should be added to handle adding a line at the
| +  ## x-axis and use the following set command:
| +#  set (gca, "?axisline?", "on");
| +  ## Here is what the property should do.  Note that the first time
| +  ## this is called, the __plot_stream__ = [] so there will be an
| +  ## error.  (Could the plot stream be initialized inside newplot.m
| +  ## rather than __go_draw_axes__.m?)
| +  plot_stream = get (gcf, "__plot_stream__");
| +  fputs (plot_stream, "set xzeroaxis linetype -1 linewidth 0.5;\nreplot;\n");
| +

I added markeredgecolor and markerfacecolor properties to the line
properties structure.  I didn't do anything for them in
__go_draw_axes__, so that part still needs to be done.  But I'd rather
wait for that to be implemented instead of accessing the plot stream
directly in stem.m becuase functions line stem should not depend on
the details of any particular plotting backend.

I checked in the other parts of the patch.

Thanks,