Re: more graphics changes.

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: more graphics changes.
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:09:20 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 20-Mar-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
| Also, there may be a bug in the following:
| | figure(1)
| image
| set(1,"visible","off")
| figure(2)
| plot([0:30])
| set(1,"visible","on")
| | Note that it is figure 2 that is redrawn when figure 1's visibility is turned | back on.

I think this works in a compatible way now, even closing figure 1 when
its visible property is set to "off".

Yes, I already updated Octave and that one caught me by surprise. I thought gnuplot crashed for a moment. :-)

However, I sort of like the old behavior in that one could turn a "redraw" property off, make all updates, turn visibility back on and then have only one redraw. Is there are related property for this?... Oh wait, if property settings are done inside an M file the figure update isn't done until coming back to the prompt. I guess that will do. Although, I still like to copy text to the command line prompt via mouse a lot... Just have to use it for a while and see what I think.

Dan