Re: Octave Central (or something like that)

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Octave Central (or something like that)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:29:20 -0400

On Mar 15, 2007, at 9:45 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On  9-Mar-2007, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| I would prefer if we only had 1 site. Currently we have 2: octave.org
| and octave.sf.net. Personally I think octave.org should host everything | that's currently on SF. I think that would make things easier for new users.

Do you mean that it should all be accessible via some
subdomain.octave.org address, or that it should all be hosted on the
same system?

It shouldn't matter which system hosts it so long as it is reliable and the administrator has time for it.

Having it linked from the main page advertises it and makes it accessible.

Having it as subdomain.octave.org reduces confusion about the role it plays (it is part of the project not something else) and makes it more authoritative (this is the official site to upload and download extensions).

- Paul