Re: packaging aesthetics

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: packaging aesthetics
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:34:42 +0100

Ok, so if the goal is just to make the package installation of a bunch
of m-files easier, then keeping the existing package structure and
allowing a bunch of m-files package should be possible. The issue I see
is that we currently have two required files. The first is the
DESCRIPTION which is the packaging information and the second COPYING is
the license for the code. Do we relax that requirement? If so, how do we
get the required fields of DESCRIPTION (Name, Version, Date, Author,
Maintainer, Title, Description)?

The easiest, would be to allow a package with a bunch of m-files and a
COPYING and DESCRIPTION file. Is that compromise enough?

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary