Re: Compiling octave with MSVC

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Compiling octave with MSVC
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 22:53:46 +0200

John Swensen wrote:
> Michael Goffioul wrote:
>>> with | octaixve source?
>>>
>>> How was it modified, and why?
>>>

>> I added support for additional compilation flags (like -Wl,xxxx or
>> -shared), stripped the "lib"
>> prefix of libraries and added support for other file suffixes (like
>> .oct).
>>
>> Michael.
>>

> Have you tried the Octave2.m benchmark from sciviews.org to see how an
> MSVC compiled Octave compares to a cygwin/gcc compiled one?  Does this
> link against ATLAS, FFTW, etc?
>
> John Swensen

I second this request for info on atlas and fftw. If you have a good
ATLAS build then I'd probably stop trying with mingw and switch to MSVC.
Also does it correctly build CLN and GINAC dependencies of the symbolic
toolbox from octave? That was another package that caused me much pain
with mingw...

D,