Re: Compiling octave with MSVC

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Compiling octave with MSVC
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:05:43 +0200

John W. Eaton a écrit :
What problem is solved by this change?

-    DLD_PICOBJ := $(DLD_OBJ)
+    ifdef XTRA_CXXDEFS
+      DLD_PICOBJ := $(addprefix oct/, $(DLD_OBJ))
+    else
+      DLD_PICOBJ := $(DLD_OBJ)
+    endif

Also, why bother checking to see if XTRA_CXXDEFS is defined when it
seems that it is now unconditionally defined earlier in the Makefile?

This is a trick. The problem is that I want different compilation flags when compiling oct files than when compiling octinterp.dll. This is required as you cannot leave the -DOCTINTERP_DLL flag when compiling oct files. If such a flag exists, I then compile oct-objects into the oct/ subdir and defined a different compilation rule in Makeconf to remove the extra definition. The fact is that XTRA_CXXDEFS should probably not be defined unconditionnally, I forgot about that. Is it OK if I put these extra flags in configure.in such that they are substituted only for MSVC target?

Why is -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES unconditionally added to XTRA_CDEFS and
XTRA_CXXDEFS in liboctave/Makefile.in?  What problem does that solve?

This is required to define M_LN2 (I know, MSVC can be very irritating). Again, this should not
be defined unconditionnally and be set in the configure script.

Michael.