octave.org

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: octave.org
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:19:56 -0500

[I just sent the following message to the help-octave mailing list, but
realized that some people on this list might not read help-octave. --jwe]

The Octave web pages and ftp arachive should now be accessible using
the names www.octave.org and ftp.octave.org, respectively.  Currently,
the new names point to the same server that hosts www.che.wisc.edu and
ftp.che.wisc.edu, but that may change in the future.

The octave.org domain name has MX records set up so that mail sent to
address@hidden is handled by bevo.che.wisc.edu, so you should be
able to send mail to address@hidden (this message was), but
when the message goes out, the address will be rewritten to
address@hidden  I hope to change this so that the To:
addresses of mail sent to address@hidden will not be transformed,
but that's a sendmail config file challenge for another day...

If you notice problems related to this change, please let me know.

If you find links on other pages that point to the old address, it
would be much appreciated if you would ask the people who maintain the
pages to update them to use the new address.

Thanks to John Turner for registering the address and to Matthew
Roberts for helping with some changes to the registration info!

www.octave.org/octave | Thanking you in advance.  This sounds as if the
www.che.wisc.edu/~jwe | writer meant, "It will not be worth my while to