Re: whats the brew nmh ownership?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: whats the brew nmh ownership?
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 16:42:21 -0400

>I'm not very clueful about how things like homebrew get prodded for
>release update. Always interests me which side of the fence makes it
>happen. Is it NMH people, or Homebrew people? (its on 1.7.1 via url
>"https://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/nmh/nmh-1.7.1.tar.gz";)

Well, "brew log nmh" would actually answer this :-)

Okay, you'd have to scroll down a bit because there are a bunch of updates
that we weren't involved with in terms of OpenSSL dependencies and the
binary builds.  You'd eventually see it was me that submitted it.

In my limited experience unless a software package is very popular
(which, sadly, nmh is not), someone in the nmh universe has to turn the
crank to get it into a distribution.  I did it with MacPorts until that
became untenable and then I was the one who did the work of getting it
into Homebrew.  I believe David Levine did the work for Fedora, and as I
mentioned in an earlier email Alexander Zangerl did the work for Debian.

--Ken