Re: [nmh-workers] I Could Have Sworn that the inc Command used to work.

From: Bakul Shah
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] I Could Have Sworn that the inc Command used to work.
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 07:36:47 -0700

On Jun 3, 2019, at 8:06 AM, Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am thinking that falling back to getpwuid(getuid()) is the most reasonable
> approach, for the following reasons:

This fails when there are multiple users with the same uid as getpwuid()
will likely fetch the first matching entry. On FreeBSD (& May be other BSDs)
getlogin() is a syscall and works correctly without a controlling terminal.
But I was forgetting about Linux which never disappoints in disappointing.
I think use of $LOGNAME as a fallback may be good enough.