Re: [nmh-workers] I Could Have Sworn that the inc Command used to work.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] I Could Have Sworn that the inc Command used to work.
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 21:40:50 -0400

>$HOME/.mh_profile      The user's profile.

So, we will use $HOME if it is set.

>/var/mail/$USER        Location of the system mail drop.

But we don't actually use $USER (we call getpwuid(getuid()) and use that).

I personally interpreted the use of $USER as "the username goes here",
not "we use the value of the $USER environment variable".  But I admit
that this is not clear.

>But I don't understand why it didn't just follow unix conventions as
>most users of MH have been on Unix.

See my previous email; turns out that it was a bug.

--Ken