netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] New user interface

From: Bernhard Gruen
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] New user interface
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 00:08:30 +0100

Michel Metzger wrote:

In-game interface of netpanzer is quite a mess. Lack of functionnalities (current selection, outpost list). Functions are hard to find (like outpost production) and it's getting worse when we add features (like my patch to change output location for new units, the way you choose the location is not at all intuitive). I think we should reshape the interface and use "standarts" of RTS games, like the propostion of
Matze. I made a more precise sketch :
http://garcimore1.free.fr/netpanzer/new_gui.html

Hi,
The idea of Michel is very good, I think. I began with a similar design (using The GIMP too) but because your design is not much different from yours I don't post my design. I also added some buttons to zoom in/out the mini map. But I think that everything else is the same :-)

Bernhard