netpanzer-devel

[netPanzer-Devel] New user interface

From: Michel Metzger
Subject: [netPanzer-Devel] New user interface
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:49:40 -0400

Hi everybody !

In-game interface of netpanzer is quite a mess. Lack of functionnalities (current selection, outpost list). Functions are hard to find (like outpost production) and it's getting worse when we add features (like my patch to change output location for new units, the way you choose the location is not at all intuitive). I think we should reshape the interface and use "standarts" of RTS games, like the propostion of
Matze. I made a more precise sketch :
http://garcimore1.free.fr/netpanzer/new_gui.html

As Matze said, feedback  would be interesting.

The main problem is that the code of present interface is rather ugly: a lot of static function to handle inputs -> difficult to extends and debug, ... So I'll start a new framework for in game interface. Here is a starting point :
http://garcimore1.free.fr/netpanzer/ui_lib.html

Again, feedbacks are appreciated.

Michel