netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] SDLSound with 8 channels

From: Matze Braun
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] SDLSound with 8 channels
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:04:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Ivo Danihelka wrote:

> Is 8 sound channels enough?
I'd assume yes... But before we start making assumptions, I'd suggest that
we test it. You could write something to the LOG when a channel failed to
play. That should show you if there really are more channels needed.

> SDLSound has now feature, that when Mix_PlayChannel() fails,
> will try allocate more channels.
> Should I turn this off?
Not sure... As suggested above I'd try to test first if we need more
channels. My main intention was getting the game a little faster (it
doesn't perform too well on my notebook...)

Greetings,
        Matze