[Nel] Landscape limitations

From: Agostino Malvaso
Subject: [Nel] Landscape limitations
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:40:34 -0500

Hello all,

I have a couple of questions concerning the NeL Landscape.

I'd just like to clarify the following information found in post:
http://www.nevrax.org/pipermail/nel/2001-October/000654.html :

        - 50 patches of 16x16 tiles per zone is the max peek you should use.
        Equivalent to 200 patches of 8x8 tiles.
        - A tile should be 2x2 meters on the ground. It give you 1.5 centimeter
        pixel ratio. Double than quake 3 walls but on a landscape ! So with the
        given patch count, you have twice the surface of the zone to model it.

The maximum size a zone can be is 50 patches, each made up of 16 x 16 tiles?
Does this equate to 512 square meters per patch?
What should the unit size in 3ds max be set to?
What size in 3ds max should these patches be and how many segments should
they have?

any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Agostino Malvaso