Re: [Nel] stlport_vc6_debug.lib

From: Boris Boucher
Subject: Re: [Nel] stlport_vc6_debug.lib
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:12:04 +0100

Hi,

You compiler complain about a missing definition for EAXDirectSoundCreate8.
This function is defined by the EAX header file only when compiling with
DirectX 8.0.

Here is a snippet of the eax.h  (starting line 36) :

#ifdef DIRECTSOUND_VERSION
#if DIRECTSOUND_VERSION == 0x0800
  __declspec(dllimport) HRESULT WINAPI EAXDirectSoundCreate8(GUID*,
LPDIRECTSOUND8*, IUnknown FAR *);
  typedef HRESULT (FAR PASCAL *LPEAXDIRECTSOUNDCREATE8)(GUID*,
LPDIRECTSOUND8*, IUnknown FAR*);
#endif
#endif

As you can see, chance are that with other version of DirectX (8.1, 9),
eax.h will not define this function.
I don't know if you can hack your eax.h file to force the declaration of the
function even with a DirectX 8.1.

Boris.