Re: [Nel] Ryzom and Nel questions

From: Mike Stoddart
Subject: Re: [Nel] Ryzom and Nel questions
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:28:40 -0700

> Also, do you have any plans to implement some kind of dynamic shadowing for
 > the landscape? Currently I believe that it uses light maps, so I'm
 > wondering how you would do day/night cycles with dynamic lightjng and
 > shadowing. This would be a core feature in an MMPOG for me, so I'm
 > surprised that it isn't already supported.

        You can't do day/night with NeL as it exists today. Vincent Caron
has loads of ideas on this subject.

Aren't day/night cycles a primary feature of an MMPOG? I would have thought this would be a standard feature, or am I mistaken?

Also, how up to date is the NeL 3D Library:Features page on www.nevrax.org? When is Ryzom due for release? According to the 3d features page, there's a lot of functionality still to be written.

Thanks
Mike
---